finally. banks has a mobile.
i had been itching to make one for quite some time, but this project got put on the back burner...but, finally it's finished!
what you'll need:
dowel rod ( I used 1/2 inch)
felt - multiple colors
needle and thread ( i used the sewing machine)
1. cut the shapes you prefer out of the felt. wool felt works better because it is stiffer and holds the shape.
|i cut out circles and triangles.|
2. sew the shapes together using a needle and thread or a sewing machine.
3. saw the dowel rod in even pieces. I used two - 12" pieces. Create a cross with the two pieces and wrap colored string around the center to hold the dowel rods together.
4. tie each string of shapes to the dowel rod. knot, and cut off the excess string.
5. i got stuck here. I didn't have the hook or fishing string ready to hang the mobile....so... i used a clothes hanger to hang the mobile in banks' closet so the strings wouldn't get tangled.
6. screw hook into the ceiling.
|b watchin his new mobile go up!|
7. tie fishing line to the end of each dowel rod. this will give you 4 strings to then tie together in a knot.
8. You're done!