Friday, June 6, 2014

back home with banks.

we've been back home for 5 days since vacation and i feel like i have 100 stories to tell. let's just say this kid has a mind of his own and keeps us on our toes. although he's as cute as can be, and makes me smile and laugh (usually when I shouldn't be laughing), he has been 'in the corner' ever since we got home.

the other night we were eating mcdonalds (gross, i know) out on the deck and banks wasn't eating. he went on and on about the neighbor mowing. be loves to mow. he's obsessed, but the real mowers scare him. he kept asking if the mower was going to get him....(of course it wasn't), but since b wouldn't eat, I said if he ate his chicken nuggets, the mower wouldn't get him.

b stuffed a nugget in his mouth - so much that he chewed that sucker for 5 minutes before swallowing. he then was teasing hadley with a nugget. we all know that giving hadley anything but a tiny piece of food is a no-go after his near-death experience with banks' apple, so we tell banks ALL OF THE TIME not to give hadley food. 

2 seconds later, hadley takes the nugget. I asked B why he would do that after i told him not to, his answer:

"The mower was going to get Hadley if he didn't eat a nugget."

Seriously?

................................

B is for bossy.

He's definitely not afraid to tell you what to do. 

Sit here. Scoot over. Get my milk. Put my milk back. Pick up my blanket. Don't do that. Dont' touch me. Don't kiss me. Kiss my foot. Kiss my ouchie. SO BOSSY. Of course, we answer with "what do you say?"

We get a please, and then usually proceed with the task.

The other night, miserable and hot, we went downstairs to watch TV. B left his cup upstairs and as soon as I was comfortable on the couch, I hear:

"Go get my cup, mama."

I asked him if he had two feet. He answered, yes. Then you can go get it. You can walk upstairs and get your cup, Banks.

He argued.. No, mama, no, you go get it. I told him I wasn't going to get it, that he could do it himself.

"Why? Did your leg fall off, mom?"

SO BOSSY.

.......................

after swimming lessons went so well i was determined to keep banks in some sort of organized activity. it was something he could look forward to every week, meet new people and hopefully have some fun.

so, we signed up for soccer. 8 weeks of soccer. once a week, again something to look forward to. I told G he would have to step up his game for soccer, as I swam at 30 weeks pregnant. blah... there was no way i was running around at 34+ weeks pregnant in the heat. he agreed.

neither garrett or I played competitive soccer. i know barely anything about the sport, other than that it's long, sometimes boring to watch, the scores are usually low and that got nailed in the face with a soccer ball in 5th grade and never signed up for the sport again.

his bff, Bode, is also signed up, but was out on vacation.... let's just say that I'm hoping he will bring more interest to soccer lessons in the next few weeks.


 first 5 minutes....










 ....not so sure about joining the group....





 ..... 34 week pregnant mother steps in after a meltdown.....



 ....... and he's off....



..... to the playground....


 I'm not sure who had a bigger meltdown... B or his father. I don't think he's accepting that B may not be good at something very well. Okay, so he's probably fine at soccer, but he just was NOT INTERESTED... at all.... he'd much rather play on the playground. Although, when the kid with the shin guards, soccer shoes and shiny soccer ball showed up late, B was all about his gear - so maybe we just need new gear??

Garrett said he's not going back (needless to say, he was mortified)  so I guess it's up to mom to get the kid involved.... we'll see how this goes.

when we got home, the kid got his new lefty golf clubs out and hit the ball across the yard - i'm totally fine with him playing a low impact sport that could make him millions while looking slick in golf clothes. that's my boy.

... and then he requested to watch tennis before bed...

maybe, soccer just isn't our sport.

However, the post-soccer ice cream was fabulous and the donuts the day after were even better.


Food is awesome.


HAPPY NATIONAL DONUT DAY!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment