Tuesday, December 4, 2012

DEAR BANKS,

I've been typing that a lot. especially, lately.

Dear Banks, You're walking!
Dear Banks, You're talking!
Dear Banks, You're ONE!
Dear Banks, You're the best kid ever.
Dear Banks, You'll never know how much I love you.

except I tend to type hundreds of more words per email.
Cliche or not, weird or cool, when Banks was born I created an email account for him, actually I created it before he was even born. Welcome to social media, buddy!

I pray to God that I will be able to tell Banks everything about his childhood in person, but that we are not promised. I also pray that I will remember everything that happened during Banks' childhood, but that is not guaranteed. I also thought I would be super mom and write in Banks' baby book, every other day, with updates on what he was eating when, what he weighed everyday, but the baby book really hasn't come out of his bookshelf since month 2. Let's face it, life is busy. It seems that no matter how busy life gets, there is always time for a quick text or email. Put it together, and you get Mom communicating with Baby Banks via email. Obviously, I still tell him everyday how great I think he is and how much I love him, but I want him to hold onto those words forever and be able to revisit them, even when I'm not here to tell him face-to-face.

Hopefully, Banks will enjoy reading about his childhood as much as I enjoy being his mother through it.

Dear Banks,

Being your Mom is the best.

Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment