happy 25th birthday to me!
it's been a fabulous week. i was able to celebrate with my closest friends and family - which in my mind is the best way to celebrate. Thursday my boys and I just 'chilled' and watched KU and WSU go home with wins and Friday my birthday buddy, Amber, and I celebrated our days of birth with a hot yoga, lunch, manicure and pedicure date before going out that night. Saturday, the whole fam, friends and co-workers (also friends) met up at Jersey's to watch the KU and WSU games while sipping on some beer - which was a way exciting moment as beer has been missed greatly by this mama for about the past year! We also went out that night to dance - which you all know is one of my favorite things to do! It was really a great weekend with so many great people.
So for the gifts... who can forget that part of birthdays? :)
my closest friends have probably heard me say a time or two (whenever one of them receives flowers) "I NEVER get flowers". That's okay - I know Garrett spoils me - but, really, I NEVER get flowers, so I was completely surprised to open the door to a flower delivery man on my birthday. WHAT?! I'll admit I got butterflies as this is a very rare occasion. Garrett was home, and he acted surprised, but I thought he was just 'acting'. So, I was a little emotional when I read the card that was attached to the bouquet that read "Sister, ...." I should have known. The flowers were from my hopeless romantic, sweet, caring brother! Thanks, Dennan! You are so sweet. Garrett, well, he didn't pull through with flowers, but I was SO excited when I opened my gift from G and my parents - a DSLR camera! So stinkin' excited!! I've been wanting one for so long, and now I feel that I have the perfect excuse for one - the cutest lil' boy ever! So, if you thought I was a picture whore before, you betta watch out, because as soon as I figure out how to use this confusing, huge, intimidating machine with way too many numbers and buttons, I will be snapping away at every life moment. Steve and Kathy also came through with some fabulous KU apparel and decor (Rock Chalk!!)- does it get better than that?
February 8 (well, 8-11 because of my extra-long celebrated birthday) i'm soo very thankful for being blessed with another amazing year - which i'm confident will be the best year yet as our family grew by 1 and we are loving every moment. :) as i look back on the past 25 years i cannot think of a more blessed life. so here are 25 things that i'm so very thankful for having been a part of my first 25 years of life!
1. my family
2. marrying my love, g baby
3. my precious baby boys, banks & hadley
4. my college degree
5. my job
6. buying a house and making it home
7. my basketball career
8. friends i've met because of moving from town to town
9. my health
10. a true best friend
12. summers full of basketball camps and tournaments - i loved my childhood
13. having grandma mickey live with us growing up - she's a special lady
14. college roommates
15. our wedding
16. living with my father-in- law, sister-in-law and brother-in-law, although they may not be as thankful as i am :) ... i feel that we got to know each other so much better and i'm thankful for that
17. accomplishing a natural childbirth - an amazing experience
18. learning from mistakes
19. my brother and our close relationship
20. my parents who never stop caring and take the time to do anything for their kids
21. role models
23. accomplishing goals i set for myself
24. the ability to believe in something bigger than myself
25. for another year
here's to 25!