Monday, May 14, 2012

back on the pavement.

it's been well over a  year and a half since i ran in an organized race. that was until last saturday.
oh, how good it feels to be back.

i like to consider myself an athlete, even though it's been years since i've competed in any type of game or race that really counted toward a team goal. i think that's why i love organized races. it makes me feel like i'm competing again, and i miss that feeling so much. although, this can also be bad because i'm way too competitive and unfortunately my speed isn't quite top-notch at these races - therefore, i'm usually in the back of the pack. yea, i'd love to 'break' the ribbon, but i doubt that happens anytime soon... or at all.


nevertheless, it's good to be back.

on saturday, i ran the 'Girls on The Run 5K'. my bff, Stacey, joined me on the run (Shout out: SO PROUD OF YOU!) along with her sister-in-laws and cousins. It was a lot of fun to run a race and just enjoy the run and not worry about a time. I'm in love with the energy that accompanies races. It's positive. it's like everyone becomes friends, even if they don't know eachother. spectators cheer on the runners, hold signs with encouraging words and my favorite: everyone gets a prize at the end - no matter how slow you run! :)




I'm looking forward to a summer/fall full of more races. I've signed up for the River Run, Gladiator Dash, Color Run and I'm planning on the Glow Run, too (and any others I can afford). There are also two half-marathons calling my name.... we'll see!

I challenge you to try a race if you've never done one before. You'll love it!

1 comment:

  1. so proud of you!! I am itching to do a race and wish I had you around to train with!!

    ReplyDelete