Tuesday, November 15, 2011

just a lil' bump in the road.

37, and now 38 weeks pregnant. 12 days til' the due date. Too many numbers to keep track of. I despise the term 'due date', and would rather know a 'delivery date', but I guess that's part of the fun. Each day goes by, and each hour I'm on my toes wondering, 'is today THE day?'. No such luck yet, but I keep telling myself with each day that goes by Baby K is hopefully healthier and G and I are a little more prepared for our, what some my call, crazy/insane birth plan. 

Last week, at our 37 week appointment, Dr. Kauffman found protein in my urine sample and I also was charted for high blood pressure. This was the first time we had any 'bumps' along the way. My feet were also the most swollen they had been throughout the entire pregnancy. I'm guessing a lot of this had to do with the 12-hour workday, the day before, but you never know. Dr. told me that I should stop working and stay home and keep my feet up. So, for the past 5 days I've been at home... trying to rest. It's a bit tempting to bake, eat too much, and work on the house, but I think I've been doing a pretty good job at my 'do nothing' instructions. I had my blood pressure taken on Sunday and it was a lot better than what it had been the week before, so I'm hoping it stays that way. Let's just say the not working routine drives me crazy, and I'm going a bit insane and the days are draaaaggging. 

All of this time has me looking for more baby names - what am I thinking!!? -  and coming up with all different birth horror stories. I have way TOO much time on my hands.

So, I sit here and pray/hope/dream that Baby K decides to come soon! Maybe tonight's KU game against #2 Kentucky will get the baby excited for basketball season. I know this baby wants to watch some KU basketball.. come out!!!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, come out Baby K!!! We can't wait to meet (or just see pictures:) of you!!!

    ReplyDelete